Sunday, February 3, 2013

Everything I really need to know I will learn in Kindy

Check out this crew!  Today starts the first full week for school for the kids.   Matt and I are excited for the kids to experience Australian schools and to embrace the differences in the education system.  It is pretty casual/play-based learning at Paige's age. Once kindergarten begins, everything is much more formal (from the uniforms to the education approach).    Grandma Ernie shared this cute poem that I thought you might enjoy.  Great to share with your kids and good reminders for all of us.

Everything I really need to know I will learn in Kindy
Share everything.
Play fair.
Don’t hit people.
Put things back where you find them.
Clean up your own mess.
Don’t take things that aren’t yours.
Say you’re sorry when you hurt somebody.
Wash your hands before you eat.
Flush.
Warm cookies and cold milk are good for you.
Live a balanced life – learn some, think some, draw and paint, sing and dance, play and work every day.
Take a nap every afternoon.
When you go out into the world, watch out for traffic. Hold hands and stick together.
Be aware of wonder.

Although we live just a few kilometers away the loop took me almost 45 minutes.    I am hoping to get more of a rhythm and cut that time down.  Apparently, I also parked in the drop off zone (which by the way is not very clearly marked).  I was kindly informed by the school's headmaster that I caused a bit of chaos.

Missing all of the Super Bowl parties tonight back home.  We are recording it so we can watch it this evening.  Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment